Bollinger Bands %B
Bollinger Bands %B or Percentage Bandwidth is an alternative implementation of the Bollinger Bands indicator. As with Bollinger Bands, this is a volatility indicator where the middle band is typically a 20 data point Simple Moving Average and the upper and lower bands generally have a deviation of 2. This indicator is unique and will provide different trade signals than Bollinger Bands. Buy signals are generated when the value of the %B is greater than 1, while sell signals are generated when the value of %B is less than 0.
Tip: Use during sideways markets or to confirm trends with reversed signals.
Supported Trade Types
- Exchange Website to monitor
- Currency Pair to monitor for trade signals
- Update Speed
- Trade Signals
Tip: The exchange doesn't have to be the same exchange you are currently trading on.
- Number of candles (or time periods) before an action is taken.
- Dev Up
- Standard deviation above the middle band.
- Dev Down
- Standard deviation below the middle band.
It is recommended to use this indicator during sideways markets to catch the dips and rises.